Translate

Saturday 28 March 2015

Pan of Brownies

This is a wonderfully tasty brownie recipe which comes from Linda Stephen's the convection oven bible.


I do hope I have time to try out other recipes inside. I did not use the cup measurements inside her recipe but used in grams.

The recipe as follows
250 gm unsalted SCS butter cut into pcs
250 gm semisweet chocolate - I used baking chocolate n dark couverture chocolate 
250 gm plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp instant coffee powder - optional - I omitted
250 gm walnuts chopped ( I used only about 150gm)
4 eggs
250 gm caster sugar
125 gm packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
375 gm semisweet or white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
I just sprinkled peanut butter chips and didn't measure

Method
1. In a stainless steel bowl set over simmering water, melt the butter n chocolate and stir together. Cool slightly.

2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, coffee(optional) n nuts 

3. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, sugars n vanilla. I used an electric beater. 
Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour. I used a spatula.

4. Pour batter into a greased n lined 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the peanut butter chips.
Preheat oven to 160c or 325f. Bake for 25 to 30 mins. I used 40 mins. Bake until a tester or toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in pan on a wire rack.

Note
Please line the pan with the two ends of paper sticking out so you can lift up the brownie gently n cut it


Yummy Brownies!

I used these

Before n after baked 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment