Translate

Sunday 17 May 2015

Cheese n mixed vegetables muffins

Cheese is one of the best foods - it is tasty n gives us calcium.

I wanted to prepare some food for our church tea break and there are some elderly folks who prefer less sweet foods.

Since I have a block of Kraft cheddar cheese at home I decided to search for cheese muffins to make.

I came across this recipe from Juie Goodwin - wow! She is Australia's first Master Chef!

Looking at her recipe it was simple to do and I decided to adapt it.

I am not really a vegetable lover so I decided to reduce the vegetables and I used frozen mixed vegetables since I have that in my freezer. I will probably add in bacon too next time if I have them.

Please check her link for the full recipe and method http://www.juliegoodwin.com.au/recipe-cheesy-muffins.html

Her recipe ingredients are 
2 cups self raising flour
3 cups veg which can be grated carrot, corn, zucchini, corn kernels, chopped spinach, chopped shallot and fresh herbs. 
1 and 1/3 cup grated tasty cheese
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs and 60 gm melted butter

My recipe ingredients are
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup mixed frozen vegetables which I used Fairprice brand - carrots, corn, peas
1/2 a small onion diced 
1 teaspoon of mixed spice from The Gourmet Collection
130 gm of grated Kraft cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
60 gm unsalted butter melted n cooled

Method 
I prepared small baking cases (hard type) n put on a baking tray
I boiled the frozen vegetables in a microwave bowl for about 2 mins and drained the water
Put the self raising flour in a large mixing bowl
Add in the cooked vegetables and diced onion and grated cheese and the spice mix and mix well with a spoon 
The ingredients become coated in flour
Mix the eggs and milk together 
Pour it into the flour with melted butter and stir together 
After stirring it becomes paste like and thick
Preheat the oven to 180 deg Celsius 
Use n ice cream scoop to scoop into the muffin cases evenly
Bake on middle tray for 25 minutes
The top will be lightly golden but the bottom will be browned nicely
Remove the muffins n cool on a wire rack 
To keep them for next day 
I kept inside airtight container and kept inside the fridge 
Let them come to room temp about 30 mins and warm them in oven at 110 deg Celsius for about 10 minutes 
Happy baking!!


I used 130 gm of the cheddar cheese

Before mixing

After coating with flour

My spiced mix

Before baking

After baking

Cross section of the muffin

Enjoy them with your coffee!





No comments:

Post a Comment