Translate

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Pork patties burger

This is a surprise hit with the adults in my family especially my hubby who says :"have standard". This means in Singapore lingo that the burger tastes good.

I was searching for recipes that uses cumin as I bought a bottle not long ago. I only used it once. It has a pungent smell and unlikely that the children will enjoy if I made curry with it. So while checking I came across chicken patties using roasted chicken and cumin by Jennifer Perillo. I think I will also explore her other recipes next round http://www.injennieskitchen.com/category/recipes/

The recipe I referred to, the link is below

Instead of using roasted chicken which i don't have, I used fresh minced pork. I also changed the recipe a little.

Recipe
Minced pork bought from Fairprice supermarket about 270 grams
Some white pepper
Sprinkle of ground cumin
Sprinkle of salt
Bread or Panko crumbs 1/4 cup
Chinese parsley a small sprig chopped finely
One quarter of a yellow onion chopped finely
One egg beaten lightly
1 heaped teaspoon corn flour


Use a large plate or bowl n place minced pork in it
Loosen the pork a little
Add in all the dry ingredients. Mix a little 
Then add in the beaten egg
Mix everything ( I used my hand) in one direction 
Then divide n shape into 4 patties 
Do make them slightly rounded and thick, not flat n thin because they may break while frying
Heat some oil in a large frying pan
Fry the patties at medium low fire.
The meat patties have fat in them.
Be careful oil may splatter out.
Place the four patties n fry till one side browns
Flip over n fry the other side 
I also made them stand at sides of pan so the edges can get browned too
I follow the link above and place a rack over a few paper towels 
After frying, place the patties on the rack.
The excess oil will drip onto the paper towels. 
To test if cooked, I used my butter knife and poke the blade in.
The patties are cooked as the meat inside turned white.
Leave to cool a while 
For the burger buns, I used my small grill pan n heat up a small piece of butter n grill the buns both sides 
Place some slices of Japanese cucumber  on the bottom half of bun
Top with a piece of cheese 
Add the pork patty
Pipe the Japanese mayonaise on it
Then tomato ketchup

Before adding egg

Form 4 patties 

In the pan

One side browned

Let the excess oil drip

I used Kewpie mayonnaise 

Yummy burger!!

Cross section

Happy cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment