Translate

Friday 15 May 2015

Potato and green peas samosa


This is my first try at making samosa and I just lightly seasoned my filling. I am not able to take really spicy foods so I made according to my liking.

I am glad they turned out well all the fillings are intact I managed to seal the samosas properly. :)

This is the plate of filling

Filling recipe
2 russet potatoes skin removed n boiled 
Frozen green peas 3/4 cup
Some water
1 small onion diced 
Ground cumin 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Some oil

Method 
Boil the potatoes till cooked
Drain water 
Remove and cut into small cubes ( my photo shows cubes a bit too large please dice smaller)

Microwave the green peas with some water enough to cover the peas
Cook for 3 minutes. Drain away the water 

Heat some oil in a large pan and fry onions for about 2 minutes stirring occasionally 
Add in the potatoes and cumin, salt and turmeric powder
Stir fry so that the colours evenly coated the potatoes
Add in green peas and mix well
Set aside and cool about half an hour

Making samosa 
Popiah skin large size cut into thirds 
1 egg beaten to seal the samosa
Oil for frying 

Wrap the fillings in the popiah skin and seal so that the fillings won't drop out

Use the same large saucepan and fill enough oil so that the samosas can be covered 
Lower the temperature when a lot of bubbles form on base of pan
Put in samosas about 7 pcs and fry till one side is brownish
Turn over and fry till other side is brownish 
Drain oil on paper towels 
When samosas are cooler n can be handled 
Serve 
Eat on their own or make a chillie dip if desired

I used this popiah skin

Ingredients 

Frying onions

Potatoes are yellowish colored - add peas


Before frying 

In the oil

Turn golden brown 

Golden brown and ready to eat - crunchy!!

Fried another batch today 



Enjoy them warm!

I folded them this way
Fold one corner up to form triangle

Fold 1st triangle over so that you have a pouch 


Use the spoon and stuff filling inside 


Seal properly with beaten egg 



No comments:

Post a Comment