Translate

Monday 26 October 2015

Dark chocolate olive oil cake


This is an awesome cake. I didn't do justice to it from my photos.
It has a crusty top n the inside you can see it is smooth. Taste wise is good too!

This recipe uses olive oil not butter. 
The recipe link is here - from Finecooking


Below is some pictures of the steps during preparing

 I use microwave to boil some water n spooned 6 tablespoons of hot water into the  1/2 cup sifted Hershey cocoa n mix till no lumps.  Stir in 1/4 tsp vanilla extract - I omitted the almond extract. Set aside.

Prepare a 8 inch baking pan. I used a oil spray to spray n line the bottom
Then followed recipe to use olive oil the surface n sprinkled flour

Sift the 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt and set aside

I used a handheld electric beater to beat 3 eggs, 1 egg yolk , 3/4 cup olive oil and 1 cup n 1/3 cup caster sugar ( can reduce the sugar) till the mixture turn pale yellow n creamy using med- high speed.  Then add in the chocolate n mix in use low speed. 


Then add in the flour using low speed till just combined.




Put into the prepared cake tin and bake at 170c



At 35 mins I turned the temp to 160c and also tented the cake with a aluminium foil loosely n baked till 55 mins

The cake did dome midway n cracked 
See the crack?

After bake. Let cool ten minutes before invert

Invert n remove the paper

Turn it back upright n cool. Before decorate n cut


I did stars with icing sugar 

Please note I am using a small tabletop oven Cornell brand 
Use middle rack . Upper n Lower heat. No fan 

No comments:

Post a Comment