Translate

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Soft bread rolls

These bread rolls are great and remained soft and delicious on the third day even though I couldnt make them exactly like the original.


I followed the recipe from Michelle of Bakingwithmi
Please see her YouTube for explanation


Her instructions are inside the video
Only the ingredients are listed in the page 

Ingredients
500 gm of bread flour
90 gm caster sugar
1 tsp salt
10 gm active dry yeast
1 cup n 2 tbsp lukewarm milk
1 egg
3 tbsp milk powder
50 gm butter
Please use a mixer to make these rolls 

1st proof - I kept in oven with hot water

2nd proof covered with cling film after folding several times

I made 15 balls n proof again

Roll out

Fold over length wise n roll

Place onto greased baking tray

Slightly apart 

After proofing 4th time I applied egg wash n sprinkle your toppings like sesame seeds or herbs or sugar 

With herbs

After baking 

Pulling it apart

So soft!

Using the recipe I also made some hot dog and bah kwa buns today. 
The egg wash I used 1 egg n added about a teaspoon of water to it. 
Baked at 160c for about 20 minutes


Hot dog bun

Bah kwa bun

Do try this recipe! Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment