Translate

Sunday 8 November 2015

Rolled oats and fruit muffins


These are lovely muffins - tasty n so beautiful to look at.

The recipe comes from Miranda Gore Browne



I adjusted the recipe by replacing two ingredients -
I used strawberry about 64 gm to replace peach as suggested
I used 2 tablespoon of flavored fruit yogurt instead of mashed ripe banana

My diced strawberries 

For dried fruits I used this

Rolled oats 

I used F & N low fat yogurt

Ingredients
170 gm Self raising flour 
145 gm soft brown sugar
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
80 gm rolled oats
45 gm dried mixed fruits ( instead of dried apricot or nectarine)
64 gm of diced strawberries
2 tbsp magnolia fruit yogurt ( replaced 1/2 mashed banana)
2 large eggs
80 gm unsalted butter melted
200 ml skimmed milk ( I used full cream)

Topping
20 gm or more rolled oats
2 tbsp of Demerara sugar
Mixed the above together 

Use a medium size bowl and put in the self raising flour, bicarbonate of soda & oats n mix together with a wooden spoon 

Add in the diced strawberries n mixed fruit and mix in

Add in 2 tbsp of yogurt 

Preheat the oven to 170c - I used 160c
Then make a well in the middle of the flour mixture
Beat the eggs lightly and then add in butter, and milk together in a jug or bowl 
Pour the butter mixture into the center of the flour mix
Use a wooden spoon and mix together till just mixed. Do not over mix 
My mixture looks wet but it is okay

Prepare your 12 hole muffin trays n line them
Scoop the mixture in till almost the top
Put the topping of oats 
Bake for about 22 minutes . Remove n let the muffins sit in tray about 1 minute.
Then remove to cool on wire rack


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment