Translate

Friday 26 August 2016

Banana Cake

My friend Helga posted this recipe she adapted from a cookbook to Facebook and I decided to try but I found I didn't have self raising flour so it checked for a recipe to make it.

Here is the recipe for the banana cake


To make self raising flour
1 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp fine salt 
1 tsp baking powder
Mixed together 

Other ingredients
250 gm ripe bananas ( about 2.5 bananas)
3 eggs 
40 gm melted unsalted butter
1 tsp baking soda
100 gm brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Cut the bananas into smaller slices into a medium bowl and mix with the baking soda and set aside.

In another medium bowl, mix 3 eggs with the brown sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla till the sugar is dissolved. 

Add the prepared flour into the eggs mixture n mix thoroughly till no more white flour can be seen 

Then add the egg mix into the bananas 

Stir well and then add in the melted butter. Combine. 

Preheat oven to 180c.

I lined my loaf pan with baking paper with paper hanging over the sides of the loaf pan and pour the batter into it. This helps to remove the cake easily.
Place a few slices of bananas on the surface.
Bake for 35-40 mins.
Cool before cutting.

Before removal from pan 

11 slices ( I ate a piece)

Happy Baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment